[comp.fonts] Looking for laser US Post Office Bar code font

bamiri@Bonnie.ICS.UCI.EDU (05/16/91)

Does anyone have a laser (Type 1 ot Type 3) version of the United States
Post Office barcode font.  I've seen a bitmaped verssion that was created
for educational reasons only and not for actual use.  I want something I
can actualy use on US Mail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bahram Amiri

dlv@cunyvms1.gc.cuny.edu (Dimitri Vulis, CUNY GC Math) (05/16/91)

In article <9105151830.aa16681@Bonnie.ics.uci.edu>, bamiri@Bonnie.ICS.UCI.EDU writes:
>Does anyone have a laser (Type 1 ot Type 3) version of the United States
>Post Office barcode font.  I've seen a bitmaped verssion that was created
>for educational reasons only and not for actual use.  I want something I
>can actualy use on US Mail.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Bahram Amiri
Take a look at the TeX macros I posted to comp.text.tex a few months ago.
They don't use a font at all, they just generate the bars. (using a font
would be kinda tricky, because you need the frame bars...)
Dimitri Vulis
CUNY GC Math
DLV@CUNYVMS1.BITNET DLV@CUNYVMS1.GC.CUNY.EDU