[comp.fonts] Mac format PostScript font to "normal" type 1 format

grdetil@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Gilles R. Detillieux) (06/01/91)

In <1991May31.152356.14961@beaver.cs.washington.edu> dylan@june.cs.washington.edu (Dylan McNamee) writes:

>I think I saw a utility that took a mac format type 1 postscript font
>(I think it's the kind whose icon has a letter sticking out of a printer )
>and turned it into a "regular" type 1 postscript font file.

>If this is the case, could anyone tell me where to get it?  I just
>"discovered" the site that has a bunch of type 1 PostScript fonts in mac
>format, and it'd be great to be able to use them...

You want the "mfrc" Mac Font Resource Converter, by Mark Harris.  It's
available for anonymous ftp on sonata.cc.purdue.edu, in
"pub/next/1.0-release/source/mac-font2next.shar.Z".

Although it was written for the NeXT, I think it'll work on other UNIX systems.
Give it the font file, in MacBinary format, and it will spit out the font in
ASCII.

Whoever maintains the FAQ lists for comp.lang.postscript and comp.fonts may
want to include this one.  I've seen it at least three times, and I am fairly
new to these newsgroups.

--
Gilles Detillieux			<Gilles@scrc.UManitoba.CA>
Spinal Cord Research Centre		or <grdetil@ccu.UManitoba.CA>