[comp.fonts] ATM and Wordperfect

chung@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Chien-Li Chung) (06/10/91)

I heard from someone that ATM doesn't work with Wordpefect (IBM).
Is that true?

Chien-Li Chung

dwj@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Daniel W. James) (06/12/91)

chung@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Chien-Li Chung) writes:

>I heard from someone that ATM doesn't work with Wordpefect (IBM).
>Is that true?

Because WordPerfect is not a 'windows' program, it is not able to
take advantages of the ATM fonts, nor is it able to take advantage
of any of the other windows enhancements.  There is a new version
of WordPerfect for Windows in the works, and it is supposed to be
released in the near future.  I am not sure if it will support
windows, or if it will just be 'windows aware' (as in the case of
Lotus 1-2-3 version 3.1).  If it is a windows application, it should
be able to utilize Windows and ATM fonts.

Daniel James