[net.followup] .

david@ztivax.UUCP (09/01/86)

OK, all you ignorant people who disagree with my viewpoint.  Shut up,
stop voting until you can think, and learn some morality!

South Africa, Russia, Nicaragua, Mexico, America (all them other
countries) are EVIL!  Really EEEEVVVVVIIIILLLL!!!!!  There is not a
good one in the bunch.

USA is not a "popular" government:  How many people vote?  A majority?
Never!  And of this voting minority, how many are responsible voters
(who is your congressman? or senator?  What is the difference?  how
did he/she/it vote on the issues you feel strongly about???)

In other words, USA falls very very VERY far short of any reasonable
ideal, and even VERY short of its basis: constitution (do you know
what it REALLY says?) bill of rights (ditto?).  And yet, maybe it lets
most of the people living there alone enough that they live happily.

Maybe the same can be said about the USSR.  And South Africa (RSA).
And India, Chile, Angola, even Libya!!  If life _REALLY_ was as bad in
USSR as we are led to believe, they would have had a revolution (they
did you know, 70 years ago).  Same in RSA.

"Oh but they are!  They are!!"  Yup, the blacks there are revolting.
But against whom?  Against the white slave masters?  I don't think
there is _any_ evidence of that that any of you hypocracy majors can
really point out.  The quotes from the "leaders" are pure BS, for
certain.  Who elected them?  Why do they get money from _outside_
influences instead of their supposed backers?  Why would they be any
better than Botha?  Which special interest group would they represent?

In the good old USA, there is a group of power brokers who clearly
work directly against the grain of the consitution and bill of rights.
Yet, no revolution seems to be brewing anymore.  All the 60's
"radicals" became un-radical.  But what is better?  Any oppressive
laws removed latley?  Like since Lincoln?  In fact, any laws removed
at ALL lately?

Before giving assinine opinions (definition: those differeing from
mine) on topics you do not understand, like _anything_ international:

THINK.  LEARN.  OBSERVE.

Know from where you speak.

Or shut up.

(That should keep this news group going for awhile.  See you after
vacation...)

David Smyth

uucp:
seismo!unido!ztivax!david

brian@sequent.UUCP (Brian Godfrey) (09/04/86)

In article <2400005@ztivax.UUCP> david@ztivax.UUCP writes:
>OK, all you ignorant people who disagree with my viewpoint.  Shut up,
>stop voting until you can think, and learn some morality!

   I'm going to assume this was intended as sarcastic humor.

>USA is not a "popular" government:  How many people vote?  A majority?
>Never!  And of this voting minority, how many are responsible voters

   A good point. However, nobody tells us we have to vote, that we can't
vote, or how to vote. It is human nature to try to control others, and
some people have tried it in the past here in the US (poll taxes, midnight
visits, etc) but it really is very rare. At the same time, maybe most
Americans have a good life and are happy with the way things are run.
Most people everywhere get more involved with things that directly affect
them. Local politics are always more vigorous than state or national
politics. I have attended many hearings at the county courthouse where
there were huge crowds and the leaders had to extend them for more days
than their original intent so that everyone could be heard.

>(who is your congressman? or senator?  What is the difference?  how
>did he/she/it vote on the issues you feel strongly about???)

   I presume you are refering to my US Representative and Senators (2 ea).
They are Les AuCoin(D), Bob Packwood(R), and Mark Hatfield(R). There is
no difference between a congressman and a Senator. Or between a congressman
and a Representative for that matter. Both Senators and Representatives are
congressmen. AuCoin tends to be fairly middle of the road in his politics,
perhaps with a liberal leaning. Hatfield is likewise. Packwood has recently
become well known (notorious?) for his co-authorship of the recent tax-reform
bill. He tends to vote all over the scale - from conservative (lots of bennies
for the timber companies in his tax bill) to liberal (approves of abortion).

>In other words, USA falls very very VERY far short of any reasonable
>ideal,

    Sure, nothing is perfect.

>      and even VERY short of its basis: constitution (do you know
>what it REALLY says?) bill of rights (ditto?).  And yet, maybe it lets
>most of the people living there alone enough that they live happily.

   Precisely.

>In the good old USA, there is a group of power brokers who clearly
>work directly against the grain of the consitution and bill of rights.
>Yet, no revolution seems to be brewing anymore.  All the 60's
>"radicals" became un-radical.  But what is better?  Any oppressive
>laws removed latley?  Like since Lincoln?  In fact, any laws removed
>at ALL lately?

   Oregon has a sunset law which causes automatic expiration of laws unless
they are periodically reapproved. Local/State politics again.

>Before giving assinine opinions (definition: those differeing from
>mine) on topics you do not understand, like _anything_ international:

   Again, I presume this was some strange form of humor.

>(That should keep this news group going for awhile.  See you after
>vacation...)

   Have a good one. Don't get blown up. Come visit the US or Canada. You
may have a pleasant surprise.

--Brian