[comp.fonts] Comments on Arts&Letters vs. CorelDRAW?

jclose@potomac.ads.com (Jeff Close) (06/18/91)

Greetings,

I'm contemplating buying either Arts&Letters Editor vs CorelDRAW.  They're
quite different in price, and I'm wondering what experience people have had
with them.  I know CorelDRAW is the state of the art, but is it worth $200-
$300 more?  Especially comments from people who have used both.  Thanks much.

--
---------------------------------v------------------------------------
InterNet: jclose@ads.com         | VoiceNet: 703-243-1611

bjorn@eab.retix.com (Bjorn Ahlen) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun18.154524.4726@potomac.ads.com> jclose@potomac.ads.com
(Jeff Close) writes:

>I'm contemplating buying either Arts&Letters Editor vs CorelDRAW. They're
>quite different in price, and I'm wondering what experience people have had
>with them. I know CorelDRAW is the state of the art, but is it worth $200-
>$300 more? Especially comments from people who have used both. Thanks much.

1. How can it be $300 more when it only costs just over $300 altogether? I
think I paid about $330 for CorelDraw at Softwarehouse (now CompUSA) and
that was last year. I know list is probably $595 or something, but who
cares? Besides version 2.0 is orgasmic in terms of features and useability,
and the rags seem to agree, the reviews I have seen top-rank it over the rest.

/BJA bjorn@eab.retix.com