[comp.unix.aux] inittab

rapatel@porthos.rutgers.edu ( Rakesh Patel) (05/11/88)

We have a Mac II from Apple here for evaluation (sound familiar?),
and have a slight problem. Some how, /etc/inittab got blown away.
Could someone please mail me the original inittab?

							Rakesh Patel.

jackie@Apple.COM (Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan) (05/11/88)

In article <May.10.23.41.44.1988.18681@porthos.rutgers.edu>, rapatel@porthos.rutgers.edu ( Rakesh Patel) writes:
> We have a Mac II from Apple here for evaluation (sound familiar?),
> and have a slight problem. Some how, /etc/inittab got blown away.
> Could someone please mail me the original inittab?

Hello,

There's a couple things you can do right now to get the /etc/inittab file back:

1) You can use AutoRecovery from the Sash to replace the file. The instructions
   are in the man pages and in the Release Notes. (If you need more help,
   send me email and I'll be glad to give you a step-by-step.)

2) You can execute this command line from the Sash:
		"cp (0,0,3)/etc/inittab /etc/inittab"
   This command line will copy the /etc/inittab  file from the Eschatology 1
   partition.

3) Also, you could mount one of the Eschatology partitions and copy the file
   from there. (NOTE: Mounting any Eschatology partition may have undetermined
   effects on AutoRecovery.)

Ofcourse, life could be made a whole lot easier if someone just sent you the
file. Lemme' know by email :-) .

Hope this helps.

 Disclaimer: I works heres, buts theys don'ts knows I's cans types. :-)
	Whats I's says iss nots necessarilys whats mys employers says. :-(

Hernan 'Jackie' Macapanpan			      amdahl \
Technical Communications/A/UX Hotline		  pyramid!sun - apple!jackie
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /