[net.micro] S100 Bus

BLACKWELL@Cmu-20c@sri-unix (09/10/82)

From: Mike Blackwell <BLACKWELL@Cmu-20c>
Does anybody out there know of a good book, paper, or article describing
the S-100 bus (IEEE-696)? I am planning on building an 8086 system, and
I need to know the gory details on DMA, 8/16 bit transfers, and the likes.

Also, has anybody had any experience in building 8086/S-100 systems? I'd
be interested in any quirks or tricks you came up with. I'm also
interested in schematics of any commercial 8086/S-100 systems...

		Thanks,

		-mike-		(Blackwell at CMU-20C)

UCBARPA:@sri-unix (09/10/82)

From: UCBARPA: dag (David Gewirtz)
To: BLACKWELL at Cmu-20c, info-micro at BRL
Via:  Ucb-C70; 9 Sep 82 23:06-EDT
Via:  Brl; 9 Sep 82 23:15-EDT
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 9 Sep 82 23:28-EDT
Via:  Brl; 10 Sep 82 0:27-PDT

Sol Libes has a really good book out called something that escapes me.
At any rate, it has a blue cover with large lettering and can usually
be found at most of the book stores that stock a reasonable amount
of computer books (like B.Dalton or Waldenbooks).

JBROOKSHIRE@Usc-Eclb@sri-unix (09/12/82)

Date: 10 Sep 1982 1118-PDT
From: JBROOKSHIRE atUSC-ECL
Subject: Re: S100 bus
To:   blackwell at CMUC
The large-lettered blue book is:

Mike:
	I have been using a book by Sol Libes and Mark Garetz, "Interfacing
to S-100/IEEE 696 Microcomputers" published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill.
You can respond here or ATTN JIM HOLEMAN <dciliax.micom at udel-relay> if
I can help further.  Also, telephone 205/876-7081, which is U S ARMY Missile
Command; Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898.
Regards,
Jim Holeman
-------