[comp.unix.aux] Mac OS applications running under A/UX

jjd@bbn.com (James J Dempsey) (11/22/88)

Well, I haven't tried that much but I know that the following seem to
work fine:

FullPaint 1.0
MacPaint 1.5
MacDraw 1.9.5

I also know that MacWrite 5.0 doesn't work.

		--Jim Dempsey--
		BBN Communications
		jjd@bbn.com (ARPA Internet)
                ..!{decvax, harvard, wjh12, linus}!bbn!jjd

aem@ibiza.Miami.Edu (a.e.mossberg) (11/22/88)

In <32553@bbn.COM>, <jjd@BBN.COM> wrote:

>Well, I haven't tried that much but I know that the following seem to
>work fine:

>MacPaint 1.5

Strange, we can't get MacPaint to work at all.....

aem
a.e.mossberg    -    aem@mthvax.miami.edu    -    aem@mthvax.span (3.91)
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
							- Lewis Carroll

jrwg@s1.sys.uea.ac.uk (John Glauert CMP) (11/24/88)

The only version of AUX I have seen in the UK could not print from Mac
OS applications. Is this still the case? I know there is trouble about
using the LocalTalk connectors on a MacII (without an extra card) but
can you now print (a) via LocalTalk using an add-in card? (b) via
EtherNet to a Kinetics or whatever?

Sorry if 'tis common knowledge.

John

jjd@bbn.com (James J Dempsey) (12/02/88)

In article <977@umbio.MIAMI.EDU> aem%Mthvax@UMiGW.Miami.Edu (a.e.mossberg) writes:
>In <32553@bbn.COM>, <jjd@BBN.COM> wrote:
>
>>Well, I haven't tried that much but I know that the following seem to
>>work fine:
>
>>MacPaint 1.5
>
>Strange, we can't get MacPaint to work at all.....

Very strange.  I just tried it again and it seemed to work just fine.
I did a "launch MacPaint", drew some stuff, saved it, and read it in.
When I do and "About MacPaint" it says version 1.5.  I brought it over
on an MFS floppy.

I wonder what is different between our two setups?