[comp.unix.aux] A/UX and 3rd party hard drives

hardie@ndmath.UUCP (Hardie Tankersley) (12/10/88)

I am interested in buying an external hard drive for A/UX.  Does anyone have any
experience with particular hard drives and A/UX compatibility/ease of use, etc. in the
40 meg range?

Any help will be appreciated.

please reply to
hardie@ndmath.math.nd.edu

paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (12/12/88)

In article <1242@ndmath.UUCP> hardie@ndmath.UUCP (Hardie Tankersley) writes:
>I am interested in buying an external hard drive for A/UX.  Does anyone have any
>experience with particular hard drives and A/UX compatibility/ease of use, etc. in the
>40 meg range?

You really need to know what sort of controller is in the drive. I haven't
worked with any 40Mb disks apart from the Quantum (used in Apple's 40Mb)
which is compatable .... so any drive that has a Quantum inside (and who
hasen't monkeyed with the firmware :-) should do. However there are bound
to be others - anyone else using one??

	Paul

--
Paul Campbell			..!{unisoft|mtxinu}!taniwha!paul (415)420-8179
Taniwha Systems Design, Oakland CA

 	"Read my lips .... no GNU taxes"

Art_R_Sorkin@cup.portal.com (12/13/88)

The 300MB CDC Wren IV in the Jasmine Direct File 300
works fine with A/UX.  I suspect the Wren V will
also.