[comp.unix.aux] looking for Tape Backup 2.0

currier@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (Jeffrey M. Currier) (04/08/89)

I want to back up my A/UX filesystem, but I have been told I need
(for the external cartridge drive) version 2.0 of the
Apple tape backup software.  Is this correct?
I have Version 1.0.  Will this do?  I was told (by Apple, that
version 2.0 was required to keep the partitions correct.  Is version
2.0 on the net anywhere?  I checked sumex, but I couldn't find it.
If someone could BinHex it and send it to me, that would be great too.
Thanks in Advance.
Jeff Currier  (602)621-4948
Computational Fluid Mechanics Lab
University of Arizona

nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (Alex Nghiem) (04/08/89)

In article <1765@amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, currier@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (Jeffrey M. Currier) writes:
> I want to back up my A/UX filesystem, but I have been told I need
> (for the external cartridge drive) version 2.0 of the
> Apple tape backup software.  Is this correct?
> I have Version 1.0.  Will this do?  I was told (by Apple, that
> version 2.0 was required to keep the partitions correct.  Is version
> 2.0 on the net anywhere?  I checked sumex, but I couldn't find it.
> If someone could BinHex it and send it to me, that would be great too.

We got our 2.0 automatically when we bought our A/UX drive by sending
in the registration materials. No, 1.0 does not allow partition backup.
It would be best to get the update from Apple or an Apple distributer.

nghiem
standard disclaimer.