[comp.unix.aux] Compiler bug?

perf@tde.lth.se (Per Foreby) (04/21/89)

Help please!

I get the following error message (even with -B/usr/lib/big/)

	"jobs.c", line 530: compiler error: wasted space: 57

The line mentioned is the closing brace of a function.
Is this a compiler bug, and if so, will it disapear in A/UX 1.1?
If not, how do I avoid it?

	/Per
  Per Foreby              Dept of Applied Electronics
  perf@tde.lth.se         Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden

>I get the following error message (even with -B/usr/lib/big/)
>
>	"jobs.c", line 530: compiler error: wasted space: 57
>
>The line mentioned is the closing brace of a function.
>Is this a compiler bug, and if so, will it disapear in A/UX 1.1?
>If not, how do I avoid it?

That's a good question. Without the code fragment that's causing the
problem, there's no way to answer the question.

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq@apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

Bookends. What a wonderful thought.

domo@riddle.UUCP (Dominic Dunlop) (04/27/89)

In article <PERF.89Apr21181812@hurratio.tde.lth.se> perf@tde.lth.se (Per Foreby) writes:
>Help please!

>I get the following error message (even with -B/usr/lib/big/)

>	"jobs.c", line 530: compiler error: wasted space: 57

Maybe part of the agreement when Steve left Apple was that his name
wouldn't be used for mere source files... :-)
--
Dominic Dunlop
The Standard Answer Ltd., using Sphinx' facilities (for which much thanks)