[comp.unix.aux] gcc & A/UX

john@wizard.UUCP (John Danner) (05/31/89)

I tried to ftp the gcc files from apple.com, but they were linked to
apparently non-existent files.  Could somebody fix this?

Will these binaries work with A/UX 1.1?  I am also trying to compile g++.
Has anyone within apple successfully compiled this ?

John Danner       Tandem Computers, Inc.
Net: pacbell!tandem!wizard!john@decwrl.dec.com
UUCP:...!decwrl!pacbell!tandem!wizard!john

dwb@sticks.apple.com (David W. Berry) (06/01/89)

In article <420@wizard.UUCP> john@wizard.UUCP (John Danner) writes:
>I tried to ftp the gcc files from apple.com, but they were linked to
>apparently non-existent files.  Could somebody fix this?
	Ooops.  I didn't realize that anonymous ftp wouldn't follow
symbolic links.  It's all better now.

>Will these binaries work with A/UX 1.1?  I am also trying to compile g++.
>Has anyone within apple successfully compiled this ?
	Yes, they were built with 1.1.  I've compiled g++, but not gotten
any further with it than that.

>John Danner       Tandem Computers, Inc.
>Net: pacbell!tandem!wizard!john@decwrl.dec.com
>UUCP:...!decwrl!pacbell!tandem!wizard!john

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb@apple.com		973-5168@408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1