[comp.unix.aux] SLIP driver for A/UX

yleung@ugly.cs.ubc.ca (yue hang leung) (06/20/89)

Is there anyone out there who knows where I can find a SLIP device driver
for the the A/UX?  I am working for a prof here who has a MacIIcx trying
to run A/UX.  The problem is that the Mac is not on the ethernet network,
and so I can only use the serial line to hook up to the campus-wide network.
I know A/UX supports serial line communication, but where can I find the
driver?  Does it come with A/UX?  I don't want the SLIP 'package'; I want
the 'device driver'.

Thanks for any info

dwb@sticks.apple.com (David W. Berry) (06/20/89)

In article <2270@ubc-cs.UUCP> yleung@ugly.cs.ubc.ca (yue hang leung) writes:
>Is there anyone out there who knows where I can find a SLIP device driver
>for the the A/UX?  I am working for a prof here who has a MacIIcx trying
>to run A/UX.  The problem is that the Mac is not on the ethernet network,
>and so I can only use the serial line to hook up to the campus-wide network.
>I know A/UX supports serial line communication, but where can I find the
>driver?  Does it come with A/UX?  I don't want the SLIP 'package'; I want
>the 'device driver'.
	Well, hopefully this answers your question.  SLIP, the driver
as well as everything else, is included in A/UX 1.1.  If you want the
source you should try getting hold of the A/UX Driver Kit, which probably
includes it.

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb@apple.com		973-5168@408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1