[comp.unix.aux] Patch

enk@corona (Edan Kabatchnik) (08/12/89)

Net,

     I am trying to bring up quite a variety of software on my A/UX machine.
Some of the software I am trying to bring up requires the use of the patch
program, which unfortunately did not come with my A/UX 1.1 release.  Does
anyone know where I can get either source or A/UX bins for patch?

     Thanks in advance.

			- Edan

+----------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
|There is a club if you would like to go.            |     Edan Kabatchnik     |
|You could meet somebody who really loves you.       +-------------------------+
|So you go, and you stand on your own.               |           MIT           |
|And you leave on your own.                          | enk@wheaties.ai.mit.edu |
|And you go home, and you cry, and you want to die.  |Schlumberger Technologies|
|                                   - The Smiths     |    enk@slcs.slb.com     |
+----------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+

aem@ibiza.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (08/13/89)

enk@corona (Edan Kabatchnik) writes:
>     I am trying to bring up quite a variety of software on my A/UX machine.
>Some of the software I am trying to bring up requires the use of the patch
>program, which unfortunately did not come with my A/UX 1.1 release.  Does
>anyone know where I can get either source or A/UX bins for patch?

Patch is ftpable from many many sites, such as uunet.uu.net and
mthvax.cs.miami.edu.  Run the Configure script and it'll compile with
no problems.

aem

a.e.mossberg - aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu/aem@umiami.BITNET - Pahayokee Bioregion
I have a simple philosophy. Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where
it itches.				- Alice Roosevelt Longworth