[comp.unix.aux] More Fun With Dick and Jane

mike@ut-emx.UUCP (Mike O'Donnell) (08/15/89)

If my memory serves me right, we bought our AUX system well over
a year ago and purchased the AUX 1.1 update service about a month
later.  We ordered the updates using the floppy disk media.  About
three months ago we received the update docs and media - a nice
cartridge tape!  We called and asked where are our set of floppy disks?
Response from local dealer was "We check it out".  Well three months
later they are still checking it out with no apparent success.  Meanwhile,
our Mac II AUX system is now running the MacOS.  We give up.

aem@ibiza.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (08/15/89)

mike@ut-emx.UUCP (Mike O'Donnell) writes:
>[...]
>Response from local dealer was "We check it out".  Well three months
>later they are still checking it out with no apparent success.  Meanwhile,
>our Mac II AUX system is now running the MacOS.  We give up.

I've just lobotomized another of our Macs in order to get *someone* to
use them.  Has anyone ever received A/UX 1.1 manual updates?  We got
the 1.1 tape from our tech. rep., but never any doc updates.

aem

a.e.mossberg - aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu/aem@umiami.BITNET - Pahayokee Bioregion
I have a simple philosophy. Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where
it itches.				- Alice Roosevelt Longworth