[comp.unix.aux] A/UX as a Yellow Pages Client

/usr1/jdh@shamash.cdc.com (/usr1/jdh) (08/26/89)

Has anyone tried to use an A/UX system as a yellow pages client to Sun
yellow pages servers?  We have been able to put our A/UXs into their own
domain and serve each other.  However, if we try to put the A/UXs into our
general domain as clients where the servers are Sun workstations, ypbind
will hang on the A/UXs.

We are running A/UX 1.1 on our Macs and SunOS 4.0.3 on our Suns.  Yellow pages
works fine between the Suns.  If it makes a difference, our domainname is
".udev.cdc.com".  We have followed the "Installing the Yellow Pages on a
client system" instructions in the "A/UX Network System Adminstration"
manual to the letter.

Thanks for any insight.

Jeff Holmbeck
Control Data Corporation

/usr1/jdh@shamash.cdc.com (/usr1/jdh) (08/28/89)

In article <13848@shamash.cdc.com>, I wrote:
> Has anyone tried to use an A/UX system as a yellow pages client to Sun
> yellow pages servers?  We have been able to put our A/UXs into their own
> domain and serve each other.  However, if we try to put the A/UXs into our
> general domain as clients where the servers are Sun workstations, ypbind
> will hang on the A/UXs.
>
> Thanks for any insight.

Thanks to all who responded either through mail or the net.  Our problem was
that the broadcast address on the A/UXs was different than the one on the
SUNs.  We just changed the /etc/NETADDRS files and rebooted and everything was
hunky-dory.

Jeff Holmbeck
Control Data Corporation