[comp.unix.aux] Rmail and elm problems w/1.1

steve@cpdaux.UUCP (Steve Lemke) (08/25/89)

Does anyone still have the rmail patch for A/UX 1.1 that was posted here
about six months ago by someone at unisoft?  The problem I'm having is that
all incoming mail get remailed by root - and another header gets added to
the top of the message.  When I type mail (or elm) I see all messages from
root, and there's a line "Apparrently-To: Steve" (provided by sendmail).

If anyone else has had this problem (and fixed it) I'd like to hear from you.
I had heard that the solution (perhaps a new rmail) had been posted a while
back.

Incidentally, is anyone else running elm?  I'm running 2.2p9, and if I sit
at the main (message listing) menu for a minute or so, I get dropped back
to the shell, with a message indicating "Alarm call".  If I re-run elm, I
get a message telling me to delete /tmp/mbox.steve, after which it works
ok.  I'd just like to get rid of this problem.
--
----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: cpdaux!steve@apple.com                GEnie:  LEMKE

aem@ibiza.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (08/29/89)

steve@cpdaux.UUCP (Steve Lemke) writes:
>[...]
>the top of the message.  When I type mail (or elm) I see all messages from
>root, and there's a line "Apparrently-To: Steve" (provided by sendmail).

Gosh, we don't have that problem, and I never installed any patch to
rmail.

>Incidentally, is anyone else running elm?  I'm running 2.2p9, and if I sit
>at the main (message listing) menu for a minute or so, I get dropped back
>to the shell, with a message indicating "Alarm call".  If I re-run elm, I
>get a message telling me to delete /tmp/mbox.steve, after which it works
>ok.  I'd just like to get rid of this problem.

Hmmm. Sounds like you configured elm wrong somewhere. Again, I've got
elm on here and it was compilied and runs with no problems.

I've been running elm 2.2 PL10, but started with elm 2.2 pl8 on here.

What shell are you using?

aem

a.e.mossberg / aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu / aem@umiami.BITNET / Pahayokee Bioregion
Singing is a trick to get people to listen to music for longer than they
would ordinarily.  					- David Byrne