[comp.unix.aux] Will AUX ever run on SE/30?

huggins@ti-csl.csc.ti.com (Gray Huggins) (09/28/89)

	I understand Apple is not offering AUX on the SE/30, are there
any technical reasons behind this?  What are the prospects of AUX
running on the SE/30 in the future, either from Apple or other party?

Thanks
Gray Huggins

steveg@tove.umd.edu (Steve Green) (09/29/89)

I do believe that AUX will run on a SE 30 with the newly announced version 1.1.1

--
	-steveg@tove.umd.edu		..uunet!tove.umd.edu!steveg
"Ignore the message: 'ld warning: file /tmp/kernAAAa06386 has no relocation

>	I understand Apple is not offering AUX on the SE/30, are there
>any technical reasons behind this?  What are the prospects of AUX
>running on the SE/30 in the future, either from Apple or other party?

AU/X support for the SE/30 was announced on September 20 in release 1.1.1,
along with support for the IIci and Appletalk for AU/X, which allows you to
talk out the localtalk ports and not need a third party Appletalk card to
get to the Laserwriter.

--

Chuq Von Rospach <+> Editor,OtherRealms <+> Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com <+> CI$: 73317,635 <+> [This is myself speaking. I am not Appl

thomas@binky.iss.contel.com (Chris Thomas - c3i) (09/30/89)

In article <92575@ti-csl.csc.ti.com> huggins@tilde.UUCP (Gray Huggins) writes:

>	I understand Apple is not offering AUX on the SE/30, are there
>any technical reasons behind this?  What are the prospects of AUX
>running on the SE/30 in the future, either from Apple or other party?
>
>Thanks
>Gray Huggins

Apple announced on Sept. 20, support for A/UX on the SE/30 along with its
introduction of the Portable and the IIci.

					CET