[comp.unix.aux] Where is fgetpwent?

jdh@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Holmbeck) (09/29/89)

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I am programming on AUX 1.1 and
want to read local passwd and group files.  According to the Programmer's
Reference Manual, fgetpwent(3) and fgetgrent(3) are available to do
this.  However, if I try to compile a program with these functions, cc
issues an ld error message claiming fgetpwent and fgetgrent are
undefined.  The functions getpwent(3) and getgrent(3) which read the
system passwd and group files work fine.

Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeff Holmbeck
Control Data Corporation

dchen@Apple.COM (Dennis Chen) (09/30/89)

In article <14126@shamash.cdc.com> jdh@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Holmbeck) writes:
>Has anyone else run into this problem?  I am programming on AUX 1.1 and
>want to read local passwd and group files.  According to the Programmer's
>Reference Manual, fgetpwent(3) and fgetgrent(3) are available to do
>this.  However, if I try to compile a program with these functions, cc
>issues an ld error message claiming fgetpwent and fgetgrent are
>undefined.  The functions getpwent(3) and getgrent(3) which read the
>system passwd and group files work fine.
>
>Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
>Jeff Holmbeck
>Control Data Corporation

There seems was a name misuse on the fgetpwent() function in the
getpwlocal.o module of /lib/libc.a in A/UX 1.1.  The work around for
this is to use local_fgetpwent() instead of fgetpwent()

Dennis Chen
Apple Computer, Inc.

jdh@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Holmbeck) (10/04/89)

In article <35139@apple.Apple.COM>, dchen@Apple.COM (Dennis Chen) writes:
> There seems was a name misuse on the fgetpwent() function in the
> getpwlocal.o module of /lib/libc.a in A/UX 1.1.  The work around for
> this is to use local_fgetpwent() instead of fgetpwent()
>
> Dennis Chen
> Apple Computer, Inc.

The workaround function "local_fgetpwent" seems to work fine.  I did not find a
"local_fgetgrent" function, howver.  Do you know if there is a work around for
the fgetgrent function?  Thanks for your quick response.

Jeff Holmbeck
Control Data Corporation
jdh@shamash.cdc.com

dchen@Apple.COM (Dennis Chen) (10/10/89)

In article <14165@shamash.cdc.com> jdh@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Holmbeck) writes:
>In article <35139@apple.Apple.COM>, dchen@Apple.COM (Dennis Chen) writes:
>> There seems was a name misuse on the fgetpwent() function in the
>> getpwlocal.o module of /lib/libc.a in A/UX 1.1.  The work around for
>> this is to use local_fgetpwent() instead of fgetpwent()
>>
>> Dennis Chen
>> Apple Computer, Inc.
>
>The workaround function "local_fgetpwent" seems to work fine.  I did not find a
>"local_fgetgrent" function, howver.  Do you know if there is a work around for
>the fgetgrent function?  Thanks for your quick response.
>
>Jeff Holmbeck
>Control Data Corporation
>jdh@shamash.cdc.com

It seems that the fgetgrent() function is not included in A/UX 1.1.

Dennis Chen, dchen@apple.com