[comp.unix.aux] emacs bug: can you m-x telnet or m-x shell?

pst@anise.acc.com (Paul Traina) (12/04/89)

I'm running emacs on my A/UX machine (Richard: pplfft!) and am having a
problem dealing with spawned subprocesses.  Has anyone gotten either the
'shell' or the 'telnet' commands to work properly?

Paul
--
Ooh, I just know that something good is going to happen
  And I don't know when

LUBKT@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (12/09/89)

In article <1989Dec4.050913.6746@ginger.acc.com>, pst@anise.acc.com (Paul Traina) writes:
> I'm running emacs on my A/UX machine (Richard: pplfft!) and am having a
> problem dealing with spawned subprocesses.  Has anyone gotten either the
> 'shell' or the 'telnet' commands to work properly?
>
> Paul

I just compiled 18.54 version of emacs for my A/UX 1.1 on mac IIcx. I
have exactly the same problem as Paul. I guess asynchronous process do
not run properly. So I checked the "src/aux-1.1.h" file see if the
symbol "subprocess" is defined for A/UX or not - which it is (but, I
did notice that is not defined to anything, just "#define
subprocess"). I would like to know some of you net users have solved
this problem.

Apart from this, I also found another bug. I cannot do Control-Z to
suspend-emacs when using "term". It displays "stopped" and then sh/csh
prompt appears. But after that the window locks up. On the other hand,
if I do M-x suspend-emacs, I have no trouble. It seems to me some how
Control-Z is not mapped appropriately? I tried global-set-key command,
without any success. Is this me, or does it occur for you net users
too? Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

 Binod Taterway, User Consultant, Lehigh University Computing Center
 Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 18015.         Tel: (215) 758-3984
 E-mail: LUBKT@vax1.cc.lehigh.EDU (Internet),     BT00@lehigh.BITNET