[comp.unix.aux] X and g++

sorensen@athena.mit.edu (Alma G. Sorensen) (01/09/90)

Greetings, earthlings:

Two Q's for the experienced:

GNU's gcc is available on apple.com; has anyone used it to build g++
successfully?  (Is there any other c++ available under A/UX?)

Apple's X product claims to be faster than X11R3 sample (no surprise)
and also support multiple monitors.  Does X11R4 support multiple monitors?
How does its server compare with Apple's for speed?

Thank ya.

Greg Sorensen
sorensen@athena.mit.edu

ian@bilpin.UUCP (Ian Jones) (01/12/90)

In article <1990Jan9.035822.2760@athena.mit.edu>, sorensen@athena.mit.edu (Alma G. Sorensen) writes:

> GNU's gcc is available on apple.com; has anyone used it to build g++
> successfully?  (Is there any other c++ available under A/UX?)

My information tells me about two C++ compilers available for A/UX. I have
not seen either of them in the flesh, but have only perused their literature.

Here is their contact information:

Designer C++, Oasys, PO Box 8990 230 2nd Avenue. Waltham, Mass, USA
	Tel: +1 (617) 890-7889

Glockenspiel C++, Glockenspiel, 19 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1, Ireland
	Tel: +353 (1) 364515

The usual disclaimers apply; We are in no way connected with either of these
companies, and are merely providing the information as a service:

Hope this helps.
Ian  Jones          SRL Data	      || Applelink : UK0001
1 Perren Street, London NW5 3ED, UK   || UUCP	   : ian@bilpin.co.uk
UK A/UX National support organisation || Tel	   : +44 1 485 6665