[comp.unix.aux] G++ binaries for A/UX available

coolidge@cassius.cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (03/21/90)

I've put compiled, ready-to-go binaries for G++ on two machines:
	a.cs.uiuc.edu, directory ~ftp/tmp
	wuarchive.wustl.edu, directory ~ftp/gnu
(where ~ftp is the top level anonymous ftp directory)

The files available are:
g++-1.37.1.aux.bin.Z	tarred & compressed binaries
g++-1.37.1.aux.src.Z	tarred & compressed source, binaries, and objects

The source version includes full source to g++, including the files
inherited from gcc, because I can't anticipate where others will keep
gcc source. Therefore, it's 10M uncompressed (the binaries are 1M
uncompressed). In the interests of space, cc1plus has been stripped
in both versions, and the '-g' flag was not used.

There are two versions of the g++ driver program in the binary copy,
one compiled to run in /usr/local/bin and one in /usr/local/Gnu. This
is just a convenience feature.

The 'sum' checksums for the two files are:
g++.aux.bin.tar.Z:	12868   496
g++.aux.src.tar.Z:	53364  3803

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1990 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.

coolidge@cassius.cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) writes:
>The 'sum' checksums for the two files are:
>g++.aux.bin.tar.Z:	12868   496
>g++.aux.src.tar.Z:	53364  3803

These _are_ the right checksums --- if you're running 'sum' on a Sun 4.
I forgot that sum returns different things based on the architecture.
The numbers produced by A/UX are:

42391 991 g++.aux.bin.tar.Z
6991 7605 g++.aux.src.tar.Z