[comp.unix.aux] A/UX 2.0 Prices

sharp@ksi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) (03/26/90)

     I have seen a few requests for the A/UX 2.0 prices.  I managed to
get ahold of our University price list so here goes....

	A/UX on External 80MB HD		$2258
	A/UX 2.0 media (Floppy, tape, CDROM)	$760
	A/UX Xwindow system (X11R4)		$285
	A/UX 2.0 Manuals kit (complete)		$668
	A/UX Manuals: User Set			$209
	A/UX Manuals: Programmers set		$318
	A/UX Manuals: Sys Admin set		$140

     According to the price set I have, it is cheaper to buy the
External 80 HD and A/UX on floppies.

	maurice

Maurice Sharp MSc. Student
University of Calgary Computer Science Department
2500 University Drive N.W.	      sharp@ksi.cpsc.UCalgary.CA
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4	      ...!alberta!calgary!sharp

t-allenb@microsoft.UUCP (Allen BRIGGS) (03/28/90)

In article <2642@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> sharp@ksi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) writes:
>	A/UX 2.0 Manuals kit (complete)		$668

>	A/UX Manuals: User Set			$209
>	A/UX Manuals: Programmers set		$318
>	A/UX Manuals: Sys Admin set		$140
						----
						$667 !???????!

Sometimes Apple's pricing really boggles my mind...
Is this the same as the original pricing on the manuals?  I got
my machine used, and somehow I was unable to get the manuals in
the process.

Also, does anyone know how much the manuals have been updated to
reflect the updates to the environment?  I seem to remember that
there wasn't much, if any, change to the 1.1(.1) docs from the
1.0 docs.  Is my memory failing again?

-allen briggs
 (...!uunet!microsoft!t-allenb)

t-allenb@microsoft.UUCP (Allen BRIGGS) writes:

>Also, does anyone know how much the manuals have been updated to
>reflect the updates to the environment?  I seem to remember that
>there wasn't much, if any, change to the 1.1(.1) docs from the
>1.0 docs.  Is my memory failing again?

If the drafts I'm reviewing are any indication, a lot is changing in the
manuals between 1.1.1 and 2.0.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

He hasn't an enemy in the world, and none of his friends like him. -- Wilde