[comp.unix.aux] A/UX 2.0 Availability?

dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) (06/24/90)

In article <5848@helios.ee.lbl.gov>, beard@ux1.lbl.gov (Patrick C Beard) writes:
> I just ordered ~3 weeks ago, a IIfx, and A/UX on an external 80 hd.  I just
> got the fx and the 80 with A/UX on it isn't here.  I was wondering, does
> anybody have the final, non-beta, released A/UX 2.0?  Does anybody at Apple
> know if it's officially shipping yet?

> -  Patrick Beard, Macintosh Programmer                        (beard@lbl.gov) -
> -  Berkeley Systems, Inc.  ".......<dead air>.......Good day!" - Paul Harvey  -

I ordered A/UX 2.0 on CD-ROM a couple of weeks ago and was told that it
wouldn't be shipped until sometime in July.  I wish Apple would have had
2.0 shipping before they stopped shipping 1.1.1 with the free upgrade.

Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman@skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.

jk@Apple.COM (John Kullmann) (06/30/90)

In article <66.2683cd3a@skbat.csc.ti.com> dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) writes:

>I ordered A/UX 2.0 on CD-ROM a couple of weeks ago and was told that it
>wouldn't be shipped until sometime in July.  I wish Apple would have had
>2.0 shipping before they stopped shipping 1.1.1 with the free upgrade.

A/UX 2.0 began shipping on June 20th. If you ordered early and haven't
received yours yet it might be due to the tremendous demand for the
product.