[comp.unix.aux] HP Deskwriter and AUX2.0

schnable@cbnewsc.att.com (andrew.schnable) (07/06/90)

I almost have my AppleTalk Deskwriter working with AUX2.0.
Simply dragging the Deskwriter driver gets me part of
the way - I can now print from inside of the Text Editor
tool, and, under the finder, printing a folder works. However,
when using lpr, I am not getting any carridge returns - only
line feeds.  I have never used lpr before. I know that when
I used SYSV lp I could simply change the interface script to stty
the tty to add opost processing of lf to lfcr pairs. Any
simple way to do the same thing with lpr in the ofilter script?
Something else that doesn't work - when in a shell window selecting
text and then printing it starts working, then fails with
an out of memory message (which I don't believe - heck isn't
this a VM system?)

A few other things that don't work with AUX 2.0 (on a II ci):

	mac recorder / sound edit
	shanghi  - (I sure wish this worked!)
	applelink - (hangs system!)
	solarian - (it runs - but when you exit the screen stays blanked.)
	pixel-paint - (big time crash!)

Hey - some stuff works though:

	morie screen blanker
	mac write II
	excel

a.schnable@att.com

jk@Apple.COM (John Kullmann) (07/07/90)

In article <1990Jul5.235654.15349@cbnewsc.att.com> schnable@cbnewsc.att.com (andrew.schnable) writes:

>A few other things that don't work with AUX 2.0 (on a II ci):
>
>	applelink - (hangs system!)

Gee, that IS strange. We've been running AppleLink for months now on
all configurations and it works fine. Are you using at least version
5.0?