[comp.unix.aux] X Windows

brett@rtech.rtech.com (Brett Taylor) (04/15/89)

When trying to compile xterm for X11R3 I received a preprocessor error.
The include file StringsDefs.h is indeed 245 lines of macro definitions.
It looks like the preprocessor has it's limitations.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  Do you know of a work around?  Maybe someone has the
gcc preprocessor working for A/UX?

>	cc -B /usr/lib/big/ -O -I/usr/include/X11  -DmacII -DMODEMENU -DXTERM
> -DUTMP -DBcopy=bcopy -c main.c
> /usr/include/X11/StringDefs.h: 202: too much defining
|        |        |        |        |        |        |
> /usr/include/X11/StringDefs.h: 245: too much defining
> main.c: 113: no space
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

Thanks for the help in advance.
	ucbvax!rtech!brett

root@auxlink.uucp (12/19/89)

Hi Folks.

Has any bought the X.Windows package for A/UX.  I am interested but would like
to hear - how people are feeling about it.

Thanks. Terry Cioni.

ron@xwind.UUCP (Ronald P. Hughes) (12/23/89)

In article <1989Dec19.044840.11943@auxlink.uucp> root@auxlink.uucp writes:
>Has any bought the X.Windows package for A/UX.  I am interested but would like
>to hear - how people are feeling about it.

We've been using it since last May.  No problems.  We have Apple's 8 bit
color monitor and ethernet card, and the system is as fully functional
as any other reasonably well-behaved UNIX workstation running X.

Don't even think about running with less than 8 megs of RAM, though.

Ronald P. Hughes		ron@xwind.com (or ...!uunet!xwind!ron)
CrossWind Technologies, Inc.	(408)335-4988

chrisc@uafhp.uark.edu (Christopher Corke) (07/13/90)

What is the latest version of X-Windows being shipped by Apple for A/UX ??

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (07/14/90)

chrisc@uafhp.uark.edu (Christopher Corke) writes:

>What is the latest version of X-Windows being shipped by Apple for A/UX ??

X Window System version 2.0 for A/UX is X11R4.  Yes, that is a strange
numbering system, designed to confuse everyone.

--Brian Bechtel		blob@apple.com		"My opinion, not Apple's"