[comp.unix.aux] Optimal Partition size for AUX on 650 meg drive

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (08/06/90)

Hi Folks,
- Posted  for a friend -

What is the best size for an AUX partition on a 650 meg HD?
He was thinking of 350 for MAC OS and 300 for AUX...
He is using silverlining to partition it...
Will aux setup in silverlining automatically create
swap, auto revover etc partitions? or do these need to
be created and sized individually?
Hope I worded this correctly - he/we have never used aux before
(he didn't get the sys administrator manual!)
:)
Mark Sartor, 221 ag hall, MSU e. lansing mi (18215mes@msu.bitnet)

cory@three.mv.com (Cory Kempf) (08/14/90)

18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:

>Hi Folks,
>- Posted  for a friend -

>What is the best size for an AUX partition on a 650 meg HD?

Sounds like the setup that I have now...

>He was thinking of 350 for MAC OS and 300 for AUX...

I have about 4 or 5 60 MB partitions that I keep files
an applications on under MacOS, and 2 30 MB boot partitions
(one is running 6.0.4, the other will run 7.0 when I get
it).  The rest is set up for A/UX.  I have one standard
setup, and a large second partition that I am running news
on.  (the large partition is about 150 MB or so).  Usually I
have sufficient space (expect when news pukes).  I think if
I could get news to behave on a regular basis (read: If I stop
trying to "improve" my news setup), the system would be quite
comfortable.

>He is using silverlining to partition it...

Same here.

>Will aux setup in silverlining automatically create
>swap, auto revover etc partitions? or do these need to
>be created and sized individually?

Silverlining will do it all if you let it.  If not, you
can do it yourself.  (e.g. it has a command to set up the
default A/UX paritions as they appear on an Apple HD80SC)

+C
--
Cory Kempf				I do speak for the company (sometimes).
The EnigamI Co.							603 883 2474