[comp.unix.aux] Response to EtherPortII & 2.0 question

jim@jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) (07/03/90)

I received word from Ron Flax (thanks Ron!) that the "old" EtherPortII
ep drivers WILL work under 2.0 As Long As The Card Is Used For TCP/IP
Traffic ONLY!! 2.0 allows for EtherTalk (AppleTalk over EtherNet) but
the ep drivers DO NOT HANDLE THIS!

I'll let you all know when Kinetics/Novell has a new driver available...
--
 ===========================
 #include <std/disclaimer.h>

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."

qfhca81@memqa.uucp (Henry Melton) (09/05/90)

In article <2680@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>, jim@jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) writes:
> I received word from Ron Flax (thanks Ron!) that the "old" EtherPortII
> ep drivers WILL work under 2.0 As Long As The Card Is Used For TCP/IP
> Traffic ONLY!! 2.0 allows for EtherTalk (AppleTalk over EtherNet) but
> the ep drivers DO NOT HANDLE THIS!
>
> I'll let you all know when Kinetics/Novell has a new driver available...

I am in the process of bringing up AUX2.0 (from floppies :-( ) and I would
like to use my etherportII card.  I have the floppy that came with it and
on it is a tar copy of the drivers and an install.script.  The script
fails, however, and neither autoconfig or newconfig understand my attempts
to install them.  Has anyone else done this and can they spell out in words
of few syllables how to accomplish this installation.

--
Henry Melton  qfhca81@memrqa.sps.mot.com
{slow}  qfhca81@memqa   ..!cs.utexas.edu!execu!sequoia!memqa!qfhca81