[comp.unix.aux] THINK C for A/UX?

mnowak%bushido.uucp@umich.edu (Michael A. Nowak) (09/19/90)

I've started using A/UX 2.0 and have just started trying to work with THINK C
in this environment (I've used THINK C extensively in the regular MacOS
environment).  THINK C 4.0 exhibits some strange behavior under A/UX:

o  The debugger always complains that it is out of memory, despite changes in
   the size of its Multifinder partition size.

o  After running a project and returning to the THINK C environment, the whole
   THINK C application just quits, with no explanation.  There's usually a
   5 to 10 second period between returning from the run and the exit where
   THINK C appears to run preoperly.

o  THINK C will not run under the 32-bit Multifinder environment.

I imagine that a new version of THINK C will be necessary to run properly under
A/UX (and maybe under System 7).  Has anyone heard if this will be available
soon?  Will it be possible to have a THINK C source debugger in the A/UX
environment?

--
Michael Nowak
                                                           Bushido Systems

In article <1990Sep19.012057.5581@bushido.uucp> mnowak%bushido.uucp@umich.edu (Michael A. Nowak) writes:
>I've started using A/UX 2.0 and have just started trying to work with THINK C
>in this environment (I've used THINK C extensively in the regular MacOS
>environment).  THINK C 4.0 exhibits some strange behavior under A/UX:
>
>o  The debugger always complains that it is out of memory, despite changes in
>   the size of its Multifinder partition size.

That's better results than I have-- the debugger merely crashes.

>o  After running a project and returning to the THINK C environment, the whole
>   THINK C application just quits, with no explanation.  There's usually a
>   5 to 10 second period between returning from the run and the exit where
>   THINK C appears to run preoperly.

Is this with or without the debugger?  I've had no problems running without
the debugger.

mnowak@bushido.uucp (Michael A. Nowak) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep19.171117.14704@eng.umd.edu> russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
>In article <1990Sep19.012057.5581@bushido.uucp> mnowak%bushido.uucp@umich.edu (Michael A. Nowak) writes:
>>
>>[Description of the behavior of THINK C 4.0 under A/UX 24-bit mode deleted.]
>>

>That's better results than I have-- the debugger merely crashes.
>
>>o  After running a project and returning to the THINK C environment, the whole
>>   THINK C application just quits, with no explanation.  There's usually a
>>   5 to 10 second period between returning from the run and the exit where
>>   THINK C appears to run preoperly.
>
>Is this with or without the debugger?  I've had no problems running without
>the debugger.

This is without the debugger, using THINK C 4.0, under A/UX 24-bit
Multifinder.

I have found that THINK Pascal 3.0 works completely normally under A/UX
2.0.  Perhaps I'll have to switch development environments for awhile.  :)

--
Michael Nowak
                                                           Bushido Systems