[comp.unix.aux] how to obtain AUX

scum@walney.walney.com (Steven C. Monroe) (09/22/90)

If someone could send me information on how to obtain AUX I would
greately appreciate it.    My configuration will be:

	SE/30
	8M memory
	105M hard drive
	DENON DRD-253 CD-ROM

I would also like to get a Ethernet connection and add a large
screen monochrome monitor.  Any suggestions as to the combination
or whatever.

Thanks
--
-*-*-*
Steve Monroe		scum@walney.com  -or-  monroe@ropes.opcr.icl.com

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (09/22/90)

scum@walney.walney.com (Steven C. Monroe) writes:
>If someone could send me information on how to obtain AUX I would
>greately appreciate it.    My configuration will be:

Call 800 538-9696 to get the name and address of the nearest authorized
A/UX dealer.  Apparently (from what I've seen here in comp.unix.aux)
there are some unofficial mail order places like Maya Computers.  Their
address is in the back of any MacWeek magazine.

>	SE/30
>	8M memory
>	105M hard drive

If your drive manufacturer doesn't provide A/UX compatible partitioning,
you may need to reformat the disk using a third party product.
SilverLining by LaCie is the one most frequently recommended on this
newsgroup.

>	DENON DRD-253 CD-ROM

This should work, as long as you have a MacOS driver for the Denon
drive.

>I would also like to get a Ethernet connection and add a large
>screen monochrome monitor.  Any suggestions as to the combination
>or whatever.

Sorry, A/UX doesn't support more than 1 monitor (unless you run strictly
X Windows as your interface.)  Since the SE/30 only has 1 slot, you
can't have both Ethernet and an external monitor.  I'm using the Asante
SE/30 ethernet board in my SE/30, and it works fine.

--Brian Bechtel		blob@apple.com		"My opinion, not Apple's"