[comp.unix.aux] Floppy Root Disk for A/UX 2.0

bvijayar@oracle.uucp (Bharat Vijayaraghavan) (09/22/90)

I accidentally erased the Floppy Root disk that came with the installation
package for CD installation. I managed to lay my hands on another but I
haven't been able to find out what the format is, so I'm unable to make a
copy. Is it cpio or tar with a particular option ?
Thanks.

Bharat.

brian@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Brian Cuthie) (09/23/90)

In article <1990Sep21.223607.6468@oracle.com> bvijayar@oracle.uucp (Bharat Vijayaraghavan) writes:
>I accidentally erased the Floppy Root disk that came with the installation
>package for CD installation. I managed to lay my hands on another but I
>haven't been able to find out what the format is, so I'm unable to make a
>copy. Is it cpio or tar with a particular option ?
>Thanks.
>
>Bharat.

neither.  Use dd on a two floppy system.

Brian Cuthie