[comp.unix.aux] It arrived, FINALLY!

rex@nbc1.ge.com (Rex Espiritu) (09/12/90)

In article <1990Sep7.193625.18740@nbc1.ge.com> rex@nbc1.UUCP (Rex Espiritu) writes:
>In article <1990Aug24.143657.4857@nbc1.ge.com> rex@nbc1.UUCP (Rex Espiritu) writes:
>>In article <0amzSNS00VsA08JV5o@andrew.cmu.edu> mss+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark Sherman) writes:
>>>Anyone else still waiting for their free upgrade to AUX 2.0 from 1.1.1?
>>
>>	Yup.  I've been waiting [CD upgrade] for a couple of months or so now...
>
>And I _*STILL*_ am.  I just received the new A/UX 2.0 Accessory (Installation)
>Kit, but _*NO*_ CD upgrade in sight!

FINALLY!  My A/UX 2.0 CD-ROM upgrade arrived yesterday!  No more waiting...
I even got phone calls/messages on my voice mail from two people at Apple,
trying to help out and make sure I received it.  Whether or not my previous
postings helped, I'm not sure, but I'm just glad to have it now.  Thanks!!!

And now for the installation/configuration process...
--
M. Rex Espiritu, Jr.                      NBC News, A Division of
rex@nbc1.NBC.GE.COM                       National Broadcasting Company, Inc.

domo@tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) (09/28/90)

Way back when (21st August), (cross-reference info lost) I wrote:
%> I ordered an upgrade from A/UX 1.1 to 2.0 on Apple 40MB cartridge, together
%> with all the documentation in sight (where will I put it?) from my
%> dealer towards the end of last month, and was told to expect delivery
%> towards the end of August.  Chasing progress today, I'm told not to hold my
%> breath, as the current delivery date is early October.

Then,
writes [nested self-reference deleted]:

> >>	Yup.  I've been waiting [CD upgrade] for a couple of months or so now...
> >
> >And I _*STILL*_ am.  I just received the new A/UX 2.0 Accessory (Installation)
> >Kit, but _*NO*_ CD upgrade in sight!
>
> FINALLY!  My A/UX 2.0 CD-ROM upgrade arrived yesterday!

And my tape cartridge upgrade arrived last week.  Thank you.  (The
bulk of the documentation has yet to appear.)  Posting to the
net helped some: my dealer got a call on the subject of my posting from
somebody in Apple.
--
Dominic Dunlop