[comp.unix.aux] No more Processes error

ira@iear.arts.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) (10/12/90)

When I have 45 processes going, I am unable to start any more.
I've increased my NPROC with kconfig to 200 and my MAXUP to 100.
Still,this did not solve the problem.

I am running X11R4 on a macII.  I have set aside 18 meg of swap. I have
5 M physical ram.  swap -l tells me that I have about 13 meg free of
swap space.

at first , i suspected that I was running out of memory.  But since
I got the error with swap space free, i thought perhaps that
aux wasn't utilizing the swap correctly - if this problem is a memory
shortage problem.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
ira

bye
Ira Lee
iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu			ira@iear.arts.rpi.edu
(518) 276-IRAS				(718) 279-4814

ira@iear.arts.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) (10/17/90)

In article <LWW%{V-@rpi.edu> ira@iear.arts.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) writes:
>When I have 45 processes going, I am unable to start any more.
>I've increased my NPROC with kconfig to 200 and my MAXUP to 100.
>Still,this did not solve the problem.

with the help of some other folks, I've fixed the problem,
I increased NREGION to 500 (as suggested to me 5 X MAXUP).
It seems to have corrected the problem.