[comp.unix.aux] A/UX and Adobe ATM

news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) (11/10/90)

I thought that there might be some interest in this.

From the horses mouth, ATM doesn't work with A/UX and there
are no public plans for this to happen.  The impression I got
indirectly from Adobe Technical Support is that they aren't sure
what to do about the problem -- i.e. if it is worth the effort.

Too bad, as ATM seemed like such a good idea.

As a consequence, I'm soliciting donations to obtain a Postscript
LaserWriter...

Well, not really but I wouldn't refuse in any event...

Anyway, cheers to all,

  -- Kevin

urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) (11/10/90)

In comp.unix.aux, article <1229@helens.Stanford.EDU>,
  news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) writes:
<
< From the horses mouth, ATM doesn't work with A/UX and there
< are no public plans for this to happen.  The impression I got
< indirectly from Adobe Technical Support is that they aren't sure
< what to do about the problem -- i.e. if it is worth the effort.
<
What particular horse are you referring to?

ATM works under A/UX. More specifically, I am using ATM 1.0.1 under A/UX 2.0
without any problems.

The CommandShell has a small difficulty with the Courier font (if you type a
character, it tends to erase the right edge of the character before),
but that's about it, and I tend to think that this is the CommandShell's
fault.

--
Matthias Urlichs -- urlichs@smurf.sub.org -- urlichs@smurf.ira.uka.de     /(o\
Humboldtstrasse 7 - 7500 Karlsruhe 1 - FRG -- +49+721+621127(0700-2330)   \o)/

kevinw@elaine19.stanford.edu (Kevin Rudd) (11/11/90)

In article <01&8g2.k93@smurf.sub.org> urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) w
rites:
>In comp.unix.aux, article <1229@helens.Stanford.EDU>,
>  news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) writes:
><
>< From the horses mouth, ATM doesn't work with A/UX...

>What particular horse are you referring to?
>
>ATM works under A/UX. More specifically, I am using ATM 1.0.1 under A/UX 2.0
>without any problems.

That's really interesting.  Adobe told me that when I told them
that that was a precondition to me purchasing their product.
Hmmm...  The horses head and the horses ...<censored>... don't
seem to be talking to each other very well...

  -- Kevin

urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) (11/12/90)

In comp.unix.aux, article <1990Nov11.071851.9661@portia.Stanford.EDU>,
  kevinw@elaine19.stanford.edu (Kevin Rudd) writes:
< In article <01&8g2.k93@smurf.sub.org> urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) w
< rites:
< >In comp.unix.aux, article <1229@helens.Stanford.EDU>,
< >  news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) writes:
< ><
< >< From the horses mouth, ATM doesn't work with A/UX...
<
< >ATM works under A/UX. More specifically, I am using ATM 1.0.1 under A/UX 2.0
< >without any problems.
< >
Further communication with affected users tells me that neither ATM 1.2 nor
ATM 2.0 work under A/UX 2.0.

You guess which upgrade I will _not_ buy next week...