[net.followup] Million Minutes of Peace Appeal

david@ztivax.UUCP (09/19/86)

	>MINUTES OF PEACE APPEAL (MMOP)
	>Martin Sheen, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Margaret Thatcher, Bishop Desmond
	> TuTu
Peace Appeal and Bishop Tutu?
Come on, you must be kidding!

--

Keep Thinking!
David Smyth

uucp:
seismo!unido!ztivax!david

jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) (09/19/86)

In article <522@randvax.UUCP> guyton@randvax.UUCP (Jim Guyton) writes:
>Network users around the world are being asked to join the Million
>Minutes of Peace Appeal, which runs from Sept. 16 to Oct. 16.  Anyone
>
>International MMOP sponsors include Lloyd Bridges, Kirk Douglas,
>Martin Sheen, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Margaret Thatcher, Bishop Desmond
                                     ------------------

I can't believe this. A joke, right?

tim@siedap.UUCP (09/22/86)

I think that MMOP is such a good idea, I don't care whether
Margaret Thatcher's sponsorship is phony or not. My wife
and I are both doing ten minutes a day !

tim@siedap      { mcvax!unido!ztivax! } siedap!tim

PS  I admit it was funny to see the iron lady and Desmond
    Tutu in the same list.

kgd@rlvd.UUCP (Keith Dancey) (09/25/86)

In article <522@randvax.UUCP> guyton@randvax.UUCP (Jim Guyton) writes:

>YOUR THOUGHTS COUNT!--MILLION
>MINUTES OF PEACE APPEAL (MMOP)

What a completely dozy waste of time...

>International MMOP sponsors include Lloyd Bridges, Kirk Douglas, ...

>Martin Sheen, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Margaret Thatcher, Bishop Desmond...
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thought so.  Do *anything* other than something constructive.

--
Keith Dancey,                                UUCP:   ..!mcvax!ukc!rlvd!kgd
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,

kgd@rlvd.UUCP (Keith Dancey) (09/29/86)

In article <2400009@ztivax.UUCP> david@ztivax.UUCP writes:

>	>MINUTES OF PEACE APPEAL (MMOP)
>	>Martin Sheen, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Margaret Thatcher, Bishop Desmond
>	> TuTu
>Peace Appeal and Bishop Tutu?
>Come on, you must be kidding!

I do not understand this remark.  Bishop Tutu of Johannesburg is a Christian
and implacable opponent of apartheid.  To believe in peace and the overthrow
of a white supremest regime may be irreconcilable in practice, but that is
not to deny the man his beliefs.  At considerable personal risk he has, on
at least one occasion, personally intervened to save the life of a suspected
police agent from the hands of a mob.