[comp.unix.aux] Complete hogwash, balderdash

sramtrc@windy.dsir.govt.nz (12/06/90)

In article <47060@apple.Apple.COM>, jk@Apple.COM (John Kullmann) writes:

> This is complete hogwash. Balderdash!!

Just as a matter of interest, how many people are there working on A/UX
at Apple and what are they working on? This is something that has come up
before when people have made ignorant statements like "Apple is not
committed to A/UX", "Apple only developed A/UX to win Federal contracts".

We know that this is not true and we know that Apple has been hiring in
the A/UX department (whilst firing in other departments). Inquiring minds
want to know what is happening and how many people are making the happenings
happen. Like is it true that there are more people working on A/UX since
the 2.0 release than before the 2.0 release? How many people are working
on "innovative" UNIX software compared with porting software? How many
people are fixing bugs in 2.0.

The last question is kind of important because many bugs get reported in
this newsgroup but fixes don't appear hence the impression from this end
is that Apple doesn't care. Lots of people have bad impressions hence,
instead of someone saying "two people left Apple" they say "the whole
worldwide A/UX support team left Apple".

A/UX 2.0 was released in July and A/UX 2.01 will be released next year.
That's six months per second decimal point. Everyone must be working on
System 7 now.

So tell us, jk, what are all those people whose signatures we have on our
machines up to? I'm sure it's good things but that impression is based on
faith and not actual knowledge.