[comp.unix.aux] Dodgy .logins

davide@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Dave Edmondson) (12/10/90)

In <CHET.90Dec4132813@mars.Advansoft.COM> chet@Advansoft.COM (Chet Wood) writes:

>One of our users has _never_ been able to log in-- the system hangs
>for hours-- until you telnet in and kill the fake_mac_os process.
>( Creating a local home directory for him will presumably cure the
>problem-- if he ever again shows an interest in using the Mac.)

This sound like they have something in their .login to run a
command which requires user input or they exec something from
.login or .cshrc.  Try renaming their .login and .cshrc and
logging in.

--
David Edmondson                 ARPA: davide@cs.qmw.ac.uk
Dept of Computer Science        JANET:davide@uk.ac.qmw.cs