[comp.unix.aux] Using free slice #3

d88-jwa@byse.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (12/15/90)

I have a HD80SC formatted with a common root&usr, a swap, and
a "free AUX slice 3" running A/UX 2.0 on a IIfx.

The problem is, the node /dev/c0d0s3 doesn't exist. It seems
that the file system is mounted at c0d0s0, though, and from
what I've gathered this means the whole disk.

WHat do I do ?

Also, is there any way of accessing mac data files (from mac
partitions) from commandshell (like, diff -c MacPartition/foo/file1
MacPartition/foo/file2) ?

These are most probably FAQs. Please reply by mailand I'll summarise
if necessary.

Thanx in advance,

						h+
h+@nada.kth.se
"Moof!(tm)"

wgstuken@medusainformatik.uni-erlangen.de (Wolfgang Stukenbrock ) (12/19/90)

d88-jwa@byse.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) writes:

>I have a HD80SC formatted with a common root&usr, a swap, and
>a "free AUX slice 3" running A/UX 2.0 on a IIfx.

>The problem is, the node /dev/c0d0s3 doesn't exist.
>WHat do I do ?

you only need to build the devicenodes in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk
then build a filesystem (newfs) and everything will work.

the major and minor number for the mknod can be found out by
"ls -l" (there is one number missen in the order for the drive).

Thats all

Wolfgang Stukenbrock