[comp.unix.aux] logout

amir@LoneWolf.uucp (Amir Vafaei) (12/19/90)

Does any one know how to stop the automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  It seems that
A/UX logs off a logged on user after a short time of idleness.

Thanks for any help.

-Amir

But I am Compfortably Numb.		...!quest!LoneWolf!amir
-Pink Floyd				...!tricord!LoneWolf!amir
--

johnston@Apple.COM (Ron Johnston) (12/20/90)

In article <1990Dec19.051539.1706@LoneWolf.uucp> amir@LoneWolf.uucp (Amir Vafaei) writes:

>Does any one know how to stop the automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  It seems that
>A/UX logs off a logged on user after a short time of idleness.

There is not supposed to be an automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  I personally stay
logged in all the time, since my office is locked when I'm out.  What you're
seeing is puzzling... Could you post more details?
/
Ron Johnston
A/UX Engineering

steveg@ni.umd.edu (Steve Green) (12/20/90)

In article <47499@apple.Apple.COM> johnston@Apple.COM (Ron Johnston) writes:
>In article <1990Dec19.051539.1706@LoneWolf.uucp> amir@LoneWolf.uucp (Amir Vafaei) writes:
>>
>>Does any one know how to stop the automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  It seems that
>>A/UX logs off a logged on user after a short time of idleness.
>
>There is not supposed to be an automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  I personally stay
>logged in all the time, since my office is locked when I'm out.  What you're
>seeing is puzzling... Could you post more details?
>/
>Ron Johnston
>A/UX Engineering

tcsh has an auto logoff feature.  Assuming that you are running it, then you
can turn it off with "unset autologout"... I think.
--
Silica gel -- No not eat.				steveg@ni.umd.edu

amir@LoneWolf.uucp (Amir Vafaei) (12/25/90)

In article <47499@apple.Apple.COM> johnston@Apple.COM (Ron Johnston) writes:
>In article <1990Dec19.051539.1706@LoneWolf.uucp> amir@LoneWolf.uucp (Amir Vafaei) writes:
>>
>>Does any one know how to stop the automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  It seems that
>>A/UX logs off a logged on user after a short time of idleness.
>
>There is not supposed to be an automatic logoff in A/UX 2.0.  I personally stay
>logged in all the time, since my office is locked when I'm out.  What you're
>seeing is puzzling... Could you post more details?
>/
>Ron Johnston
>A/UX Engineering

It is an SE/30, running csh.  I get logged off automatically atleast 40% of
the times.  This happens under the console window, the mac32 window and X windows.

I can not figure out why it is happening, since I usually run the same programs.
This happens under my own login and root login.  uucico is usally running in the
background when the logout happens!  But there has been times that uucico has been
running and everything stays ok.  I just can't think of any circumstances which
could cause this.  Any halp or suggestions is appreciated.

-Amir

--

But I am Comfortably Numb....!quest!LoneWolf!amir
-Pink Floyd...!tricord!LoneWolf!amir