[comp.unix.aux] Suitcase II Updater 1.2.8

domo@tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) (01/31/91)

Just in case you feel tempted to apply the Suitcase II Updater posted as
article CBM.91.03.21 in comp.binaries.mac to that old copy of Suitcase
II that you have lying around, then to pop the result into your A/UX
System folder to see if it now works...

				Don't.

It doesn't.  And I hope that you saved your desktop files before you
started.  You'll need to restore them after you see the bomb box...

Ah well.  Such is life.
--
Dominic Dunlop

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan31.135257.17618@tsa.co.uk>
           domo@tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) writes:
>Just in case you feel tempted to apply the Suitcase II Updater posted as
>article CBM.91.03.21 in comp.binaries.mac to that old copy of Suitcase
>II that you have lying around, then to pop the result into your A/UX
>System folder to see if it now works...
>
>                                Don't.
>
>It doesn't.  And I hope that you saved your desktop files before you
>started.  You'll need to restore them after you see the bomb box...
>
>Ah well.  Such is life.
>--
>Dominic Dunlop

I don't have A/UX, but I do know there are some patches to Suitcase II 1.2.8 to
fix problems with other software.  I needed the patches to get it to work with
Acta Advantage, and there were different patches for some other problems.  I
got the patches off of America Online (although I think they are on CompuServe
too).  Steve Brecher says that version 1.2.9 will be out "real soon now"...

I don't remember hearing of any problems with A/UX, but maybe these patches
would solve whatever you're seeing.