[comp.unix.aux] 3-button mice

paul@athertn.Atherton.COM (Paul Sander) (02/14/91)

I recently installed X-Windows on my A/UX system, and am quickly tiring of
the left- and right-arrow workarounds for the traditional mouse buttons.

I know about the Gravis SuperMouse[tm] from Advanced Gravis, and I'd like
to hear if people out there are using it and how they like it.  I'd also
like to hear if there are any other 3-button mice out there and people's
impressions of them.  Pricing information and manufacturer addresses and
phone numbers would be appreciated as well.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Paul Sander        (408) 734-9822  | "Passwords are like underwear," she said,
paul@Atherton.COM                  | "Both should be changed often."

anders@verity.com (Anders Wallgren) (02/19/91)

In article <34450@athertn.Atherton.COM>, paul@athertn (Paul Sander) writes:
>I recently installed X-Windows on my A/UX system, and am quickly tiring of
>the left- and right-arrow workarounds for the traditional mouse buttons.
>
>I know about the Gravis SuperMouse[tm] from Advanced Gravis, and I'd like
>to hear if people out there are using it and how they like it.  I'd also
>like to hear if there are any other 3-button mice out there and people's
>impressions of them.  Pricing information and manufacturer addresses and
>phone numbers would be appreciated as well.

I use the Gravis mouse all the time now, even for regular mac work.

pbuck@tcs.com (Peter Buckner) (02/20/91)

Other 3-button mice were announced at MacWorld in January: Logitech has a
very nice one, to be shipped in April for ~$130. Mouse Systems has an optical one shipping soon, also.

Both of these manufacturers have been selling PC mice for ages, so you could
probably try the "feel" of them at your local ComputerLand, until the Mac ones ship.

sorensen@athena.mit.edu (Alma G. Sorensen) (02/21/91)

>>I know about the Gravis SuperMouse[tm] from Advanced Gravis, and I'd like
>>to hear if people out there are using it and how they like it.

>I use the Gravis mouse all the time now, even for regular mac work.

Got the Graivs on loan. Installed it on our
A/UX 2.01b2 FX. It didn't work at all - no, worse, it
did erratic things (wouldn't recognize mouse clicks,
wouldn't release buttons, didn't move smoothly, etc.).

Called tech support (last Friday); still waiting for reply.

Greg Sorensen
sorensen@athena.mit.edu

anders@verity.com (Anders Wallgren) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb20.215711.24604@athena.mit.edu>, sorensen@athena (Alma G. Sorensen) writes:
>>>I know about the Gravis SuperMouse[tm] from Advanced Gravis, and I'd like
>>>to hear if people out there are using it and how they like it.
>
>>I use the Gravis mouse all the time now, even for regular mac work.
>
>Got the Graivs on loan. Installed it on our
>A/UX 2.01b2 FX. It didn't work at all - no, worse, it
>did erratic things (wouldn't recognize mouse clicks,
>wouldn't release buttons, didn't move smoothly, etc.).
>
>Called tech support (last Friday); still waiting for reply.

Huh.  Running MacOS 6.0.7, 7.0b4, A/UX 2.0 on IIfx I've had no
problems whatsoever with my mouse.  Check with the tech support people
that the PROMs in your controller box are current - since it's a
loaner it may be a bit out of date.