[comp.unix.aux] /mac/src/examples won't compile

dr_unix@grenada.island.COM (Brian Wilson) (03/09/91)

When I try to do a 'make' in the /mac/src/examples directory,
it gives this message when it tries to run 'rez':

/mac/src/examples: No such file or directory

I feel that there is something painfully obvious that I am overlooking...
Once I get this working, maybe I will be able to use the examples code
as a template to write code that calls the toolbox...

antonio@Apple.COM (Antonio Ordonez) (03/12/91)

In article <122@grenada.island.COM> dr_unix@grenada.island.COM (Brian Wilson) writes:
>When I try to do a 'make' in the /mac/src/examples directory,
>it gives this message when it tries to run 'rez':
>
>/mac/src/examples: No such file or directory
>
>I feel that there is something painfully obvious that I am overlooking...
>Once I get this working, maybe I will be able to use the examples code
>as a template to write code that calls the toolbox...

From what you mention it could be that you are either trying
to do this while in the console emulator or X11.

rez needs to be able to talk to the toolbox environment,  so
from a CommandShell window this should work OK.

Hope this helps

Antonio

#include <disclaimer.h> 	/*  I'll think of a better one later  */
Antonio Ordonez				 	      amdahl \
Technical Communications/Direct Response Center	  pyramid!sun - apple!antonio
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /