[comp.unix.aux] commando bombs finder

rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) (03/26/91)

What would make Commando cause a system error?  It worked fine when
I first set up aux but now I get a bomb box reliably when I type command-k.
It happens with cu, newfs and mount, both as root and an ordinary user.
Newfs runs without errors when typed manually.

The machine is a iici with 8 M ram, Quantum 105 and Syquest disks.  No
hardware changes have been make since the last time Commando worked, but
I did install John Coolidge's port of X11R4, which seems to work ok.

bob prohaska

lantz@Apple.COM (Bob Lantz) (03/27/91)

rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) writes:

>What would make Commando cause a system error?  It worked fine when
>I first set up aux but now I get a bomb box reliably when I type command-k.
>It happens with cu, newfs and mount, both as root and an ordinary user.
>Newfs runs without errors when typed manually.

Could be a number of things.  Either

	o the Commando dialog script
	o the Commando binary (/mac/bin/Commando), or
	o CommandShell

could be corrupted.  If it works reliably with other commands (e.g. ls)
then I would expect that the dialog script is corrupted.

If all of these things are OK, any number of things could be going wrong.
It would be useful if you could figure out a way to reproduce the problem
from a standard 2.0.1 installation, or let us know what changes you have
to make to generate the problem consistently.

>bob prohaska

Bob Lantz
A/UX Commando Team