[comp.unix.aux] A/UX networking kernel

grant@g73.UUCP (Grant Balkema) (03/27/91)

I'm having no end to problems trying to get a newworking kernel going on
2.0 A/UX.  I created a nfs kernel by
/etc/newunix nfs
then /etc/autoconfig -v -S /etc/startup
sync;sync;reboot
went through and added the networking numbers in response
to the prompts
it types
ae0: hostname is...
Ethernet address = ...
ae0:....<UP,BRODCAST,NOTRILERS,RUNNING>
then hangs
nothing I can do will fix it, I try the<apple>. for a scsh or whatever
fsck the disk and reboot...same thing what is going on...
help grant@darkstar.bc.edu

--

		grant@darkstar.bc.edu		(617) 552-8722
		...mirror!g73!grant

justin@Apple.COM (Justin Walker) (03/28/91)

In article <92@g73.UUCP> grant@darkstar.bc.edu (Grant Balkema) writes:
>I'm having no end to problems trying to get a newworking kernel going on
>2.0 A/UX.  I created a nfs kernel by
>/etc/newunix nfs
>then /etc/autoconfig -v -S /etc/startup
>sync;sync;reboot
	First, I always use "newconfig"; this simplifies
        the typing job.  Also, newconfig will run the install/startup
        scripts right away, so that you don't have to do it at startup
        time, and can then use the Mac interface (if that's what floats
        your boat).

        Next, it may be that the numbers you're giving the system may
        be wrong; that is the most likely cause of this kind of hang.
        If you let me know what they are, it may shed some light...

>		grant@darkstar.bc.edu		(617) 552-8722
>		...mirror!g73!grant

Regards,

Justin
--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large   *
A/UX Engineering                        |