[comp.unix.aux] More 6.0.7

jim@jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) (03/28/91)

I've heard/read from quite a number of different sources that 6.0.7 should
NOT be used unless you happen to have a Classic, IIsi or IIlc.

Supposedly, this advice is straight from Apple themselves.

First of all: Is it true?

Second: Does this mean that 6.0.7 under 2.0.1 will be flaky?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim@jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Exploding is a perfectly normal medical phenomenon. In many fields of
 medicine nowadays, a dose of dynamite can do a world of good."

ksand@Apple.COM (Kent Sandvik) (03/29/91)

In article <4658@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> jim@jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) writes:
>I've heard/read from quite a number of different sources that 6.0.7 should
>NOT be used unless you happen to have a Classic, IIsi or IIlc.

>Supposedly, this advice is straight from Apple themselves.

>First of all: Is it true?

I don't think that the official or inoffical policy is to tell people
to stay away from System 6.0.7. Don't trust those who say that.
Anyway, most of us at DTS are running System 7b5-b6 just now :-).

>Second: Does this mean that 6.0.7 under 2.0.1 will be flaky?

If you find problems, report them to REPORTS.AUX@applelink.apple.com.

Kent
...isn't it fun when you switch to another C++ compiler, and you get
new fresh error messages...
--
Disclaimer: *Private* activity on the Net, in no way connected to any company.
Any sexually or racially sounding statements in the text are not intentional.