[comp.unix.aux] NFS zeros fixed but NOT Apple bug

jk@Apple.COM (John Kullmann) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.010110.29419@ni.umd.edu> steveg@ni.umd.edu (Steve Green) writes:
>Alright!  I take back all of the bad things I said.  :)  Now, about all of
>the other bugs... :)

By the way,  the 'NFS blocks of zeroes bug' was NOT an Apple bug. It was
a very longstanding bug in the reference port. Sun fixed this bug in THEIR
code a long time ago, 'but never got around to updating the reference port.'
I was told this exact quote by a Sun NFS engineer. Hey, Open Systems for
Open Minds, but don't expect support or bug fixes!!

I suppose that for some appropriate sum of $$ we could be convinced to
give the fix to Sun so they COULD put it into the reference port for all
the other SysV based customers... :-)
--
John Kullmann
Manager, A/UX Product Development