[comp.unix.aux] A/UX 2.0 upgrade

tjferrar@queen.drexel.edu (Jason Ferrara) (03/29/91)

I currently have A/UX 1.0 (bleh). I have ordered an upgrade to 2.0 on CD-ROM.
My problem is that right now I need the disk space taken up by A/UX 1.0.
Do I need to have 1.0 to do the upgrade, or can I erase it and safely install
2.0 when the CD-ROM arrives.

Jason Ferrara
tjferrar@mcs.drexel.edu
jferrara@gnu.ai.mit.edu

justin@Apple.COM (Justin Walker) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.014915.16707@mcs.drexel.edu> tjferrar@queen.drexel.edu (Jason Ferrara) writes:
>I currently have A/UX 1.0 (bleh). I have ordered an upgrade to 2.0 on CD-ROM.
>My problem is that right now I need the disk space taken up by A/UX 1.0.
>Do I need to have 1.0 to do the upgrade, or can I erase it and safely install
>2.0 when the CD-ROM arrives.
	Except for things that *you've* added/modified, you don't need
	to retain 1.x things for 2.x installation.  2.0 is "all new".

>Jason Ferrara >tjferrar@mcs.drexel.edu
>jferrara@gnu.ai.mit.edu

Regards,

Justin
--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large   *
A/UX Engineering                        |