[comp.unix.aux] XView 2 ??

rsarin@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Raman K. Sarin) (04/13/91)

I'm trying to get the Xview2 files (from expo.mit.edu) to compile on my
Mac //ci running A/UX.  So far I think I got the IMAKE files to work, but
when I type 'make install'.  and this happens (after a little while )

installing in ./util/makedepend...
        gcc -DNOSTDHDRS -fstrength-reduce -fpcc-struct-return -fwritable-strings
 -traditional -O   -I/usr/include -I../.././config  -DmacII -DSYSV   '-DINCLUDED
IR="/usr/include"' -DSIGNALRETURNSINT  -c main.c
main.c:175: variable `sig_vec' has initializer but incomplete type
main.c: In function getfile:
main.c:359: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use this function)
main.c:359: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:359: for each function it appears in.)
main.c: At top level:
main.c:175: storage size of static var `sig_vec' isn't known
Make: *** Error: Update of main.o terminated with exit code 1

Any ideas?  I know O_RDONLY is part of fnctl.h and yes, that file is included
in main.c but I can't figure out where this sig_vec is supposed to come from
the definiition is:
:

#ifndef USG
struct sigvec sig_vec = {
        catch,
         (1<<(SIGINT -1))
        |(1<<(SIGQUIT-1))
        |(1<<(SIGBUS-1))
        |(1<<(SIGILL-1))
        |(1<<(SIGSEGV-1))
        |(1<<(SIGHUP-1))
        |(1<<(SIGPIPE-1))
        |(1<<(SIGSYS-1)),
        0
};
#endif /* USG */

I don't know where USG comes from.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!

thankyou

-Raman Sarin

coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (04/15/91)

rsarin@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Raman K. Sarin) writes:
>I'm trying to get the Xview2 files (from expo.mit.edu) to compile on my
>Mac //ci running A/UX.  So far I think I got the IMAKE files to work, but
>when I type 'make install'.  and this happens (after a little while )

I tried to do this once; maybe I'll try again when I have some free
time...

>installing in ./util/makedepend...
>        gcc -DNOSTDHDRS -fstrength-reduce -fpcc-struct-return -fwritable-strings
> -traditional -O   -I/usr/include -I../.././config  -DmacII -DSYSV   '-DINCLUDED
>IR="/usr/include"' -DSIGNALRETURNSINT  -c main.c
>main.c:175: variable `sig_vec' has initializer but incomplete type
>main.c: In function getfile:
>main.c:359: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use this function)
>main.c:359: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>main.c:359: for each function it appears in.)

O_RDONLY is (not) coming from fcntl.h because you aren't using the flags
-D_SYSV_SOURCE and -D_BSD_SOURCE. A/UX's cc autodefines these; I think
it's braindamage and so gcc doesn't. I'm hacking together a set of
include files that don't need these defines in my nonexistant free time.

>Any ideas?  I know O_RDONLY is part of fnctl.h and yes, that file is included
>in main.c but I can't figure out where this sig_vec is supposed to come from
>the definiition is:

>#ifndef USG
>struct sigvec sig_vec = {
>        catch,
>         (1<<(SIGINT -1))
>        |(1<<(SIGQUIT-1))
>        |(1<<(SIGBUS-1))
>        |(1<<(SIGILL-1))
>        |(1<<(SIGSEGV-1))
>        |(1<<(SIGHUP-1))
>        |(1<<(SIGPIPE-1))
>        |(1<<(SIGSYS-1)),
>        0
>};
>#endif /* USG */

>I don't know where USG comes from.

I don't have the xview2 code around at the moment; I'll bet one of the
.h files is defining USG based on the -DSYSV argument (USG is often used
as a synonym for SYSV). struct sigvec is defined in sys/signal.h; you
have to have _BSD_SOURCE defined to actually get the definition, though...

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1991 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.