[comp.unix.aux] gdb and A/UX

rob@bcarh148.bnr.ca (Rob Sutherland) (05/02/91)

   Has anyone successfully built gdb on A/UX (2.0)?  If so, what configuration
did you use?

   Actually, the biggest problem I encountered was not the configuration
but cpp.  cpp regularly dumped code in midst of the make (if you'll
pardon the alliteration).  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Rob
-----
Rob Sutherland
Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa, Ontario Canada
{...}!uunet!bnrgate!bcarh148!rob

coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (05/03/91)

rob@bcarh148.bnr.ca (Rob Sutherland) writes:
>   Has anyone successfully built gdb on A/UX (2.0)?  If so, what configuration
>did you use?

>   Actually, the biggest problem I encountered was not the configuration
>but cpp.  cpp regularly dumped code in midst of the make (if you'll
>pardon the alliteration).  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Yes; patches for A/UX 2.0 and gdb binaries are available from
wuarchive.wustl.edu:/archive/systems/aux/gnu/gdb*. They were built with
gcc, so I don't know much about A/UX's cpp and what it will think of the
files...

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1991 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.