[comp.unix.aux] Problem logging in via a modem SOLVED!

dittman@skitzo.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.223908.10@skitzo.csc.ti.com>, dittman@skitzo.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) writes:
> In article <1991Jun5.143042.7@skitzo.csc.ti.com>, dittman@skitzo.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) writes:
> ...  I completely out of ideas.  Three people have sent hints (and
       ^^ this should have been I'm
> they know who they are, thanks!), but no solutions as of yet.

I have the problem solved!  I figured out that the connection was dropping
when /etc/getty handed off the login to /bin/login, so I decided that the
problem could be with /bin/login.  An 'exec login' killed the currect
process, so I restored /bin/login from the CD-ROM.  Everything seems to be
working great now.
--
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.